Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Bizarre Apps!!


We all know the saying “there’s an app for that” but I was slightly dumbfounded the other day when I was looking at the App Store on iTunes and saw that the number 1 free app was “Dyslexia Detector”. Being dyslexic I found this quite fascinating that a simple app could tell someone if they were dyslexics, it only took me a year and a trip to two education phycologist! But not only did this app tell you in 28 simple questions or less that you might be dyslexic but also if you could have Add, Dyspraxia and Dyscalculia.  On taking the test I was told that I had high levels of all of the above, which I had to laugh at, as I could not understand how it came to that conclusion from the questions it asked me. And if I had dyspraxia to the extent which the app implied I would not be able to play sports at the level I do. I found this really quite annoying as I felt that this App really belittled anyone with these difficulties.          

No comments:

Post a Comment